[bksvol-discuss] scanning ergos

  • From: "liz halperin" <lizzersagain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 15:32:46 -0800

I have my scanner on a side cart next to my computer. I take off the cover
for speed and reduction of repetitive motion, and then optimize. During
optimization, I don't want to wait around, so I put a heavy rock on each
half of book to hold it down to center binding. Then when scanning I
manually hold it down with left hand while doing something else with right
hand. Since I can't do other programs at same time as KES, I tend to
multitask by eating or cleaning up earlier pages.

Liz the native Oregonian, not the Oregonite. Heehee, sorry BlindGeek, but it
will be a good local joke for a while

Liz Halperin
Portland, OR
lizzersagain@xxxxxxxxxxx