[bksvol-discuss] Re: replacing long dashes in books

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 11:38:35 -0400

Speaking of dashes, I have a bit of a problem with them myself. I am scanning books with Open Book 6. Every time there is a dash it fails to recognize it and the two words it replaces are run together as if they are one word. I correct the problem by preproofing every two pages before scanning the next two pages and I run a spell check and seperate the words and place a double hyphen between them one at a time. This is, of course, a bit time consuming and tedious, so it sure would be nice if I could prevent Open Book from doing that in the first place. Does anyone know if it is possible to prevent it?

"The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry." - Richard Dawkins

The Militant:
http://www.themilitant.com
Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com