[bksvol-discuss] Re: releasing "Last of The Duanes" by Zane Grey

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 17:43:53 -0400

Hi Dan. (smile) Thanks for letting us know about the book. With as many problems as it has, the book is probably a good candidate for rejection. Bookshare requires complete title, author, copyright, and publisher information for books. Page breaks are also required, so it sounds like it's got 3 strikes against it already. Most books will have some scanning mistakes, and I guess it's up to each validater to determine if the book is legible enough to approve. However, rejection is an important part of book management like cleaning the bath tub. I don't think any of us enjoys rejecting books. Doing it does save another person from taking a really messed up book to try to save. There are 2 books we've passed around like a hot potato, and I think these 2 should be rejected because they need to be rescanned.

At Monday 6/5/2006 10:39 AM, you wrote:

                Folks,

I tried to notify you of this yesterday but sent it to the wrong address.

I was trying to validate this book but it has some problems I can't resolve.