[bksvol-discuss] Re: reading scanned images -- Visionaries outline web's future

  • From: "Merrill Louise" <STARBASEWILDGOOSE@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:15:15 -0400

I've encountered scanned images of text in PDF files. I, for one, don't have
the latest scanning software that can open and read such a file. (I can
provide my shipping address if anyone feels moved to donate it to me.) Is
there any other way to do it? Printing the document out and scanning it
proved unsatisfactory as it was a chart and the print was very small.

Pratik, I think you are right--getting in on the ground floor to raise the
need for accessible text is really important. I've found it's hard to
explain to people the difference between a scanned image of text and text.
It looks the same to them.

Merrill Louise, Pastor
The Judson Fellowship
Jamestown, New York
cell/office 716.969.2840
"With all my heart   I praise the Lord, and I am glad because of God my
Savior. (Luke 1:46-47)