[bksvol-discuss] Re: quick question about proofing

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 20:43:05 -0400

Definitely join any split words.
On 3/19/2014 8:39 PM, Aidee Campa wrote:

Hello All:

This is Aidee. I am working on a book, and two things came up that I'm not sure how to handle.

1: On page vii, there is no page break, but JAWS still says "page 7," but it doesn't say there's a page break. I did a search for section breaks and came up with nothing. I used "^b" in the "replace" box and "^p^m^p" in the "replace with" box, minus the quotation marks. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2: I have a word that's split between two pages. I'm pretty sure that at some time it was said that we could put a word on one page if it was split between two pages, but I wanted to check.

Thank you so much for your time and help.