[bksvol-discuss] question on ocr

  • From: "Candice A" <candicat87@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 15:00:37 -0400

Hello all

I've returned to the list and to scanning which admittedly last time I tried
failed. This time I'm trying to do much better. This morning began my battle
with OCR. I was looking through the manuel nit picking at different things,
setting options etc. I saw that there were submitted instructions for kursweil
and for another ocr option that I'd never heard of. The newwest software I have
is open book, but there were no specific instructions for open book.

I took a chance then and installed my old version of kursweil. The scanner was
working fine and I was just setting up things to get them how I like it, and
decided to let it optamize scan, and then it all kind of fell apart. It
wouldn't let me cancel but it had been trying to correct the color brightness
for about a half an hour with out moving on. I restarted Kursweil, and all the
sudden it tells me that I don't have a scannor. Well this is news to me since
it was just scanning. I tried restarting the computer to the same affect. I
opened openbook and scanned a page. Guess what. It could find my scannor and it
worked just fine.

So here's my question. I seem to be able to fix little errors as I go through
each page right after scanning the page in edit mode, but do any of you have
any little tips or tricks like the tips and tricks posted for kursweil etc? I
only scanned 2 books before that was a few years ago, and I had a horrible
scannor, and the quality well was no where near exolant. I want to do this
right. I'm a series capton and am trying to make these books as good as the
others in the series. Any thoughts/ideas deffinatly welcom.

Candice Attrill