[bksvol-discuss] Re: question for wish in bottle scanner

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 22:14:21 -0600

Hi Debra,

would you please post the title of the book, the author, and the ISBN as they are in the book? That will help the rest of us help you find out if it has a table of contents. smile.

If the book does not, don't add one. With some rare exceptions, we're not to add anything to a printed book that isn't already there. Some exceptions, for example, are that it's OK to add the word "chapter" in front of a chapter number if the book doesn't have it done that way. The other things that can be added are information that a scanner or proofreader can add within a set of square brackets that describes an image or graph or diagram, encloses a footnote, or marks a blank page.

Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese <https://twitter.com/QuackersNCheese>
On 1/11/2016 8:14 PM, Debra Lessin wrote:

Hi

The scan looks great but I am not finding a table of contents page with the list of chapters (there are several short chapters in this children’s book). Am I missing this page? Should I create one? It would be easy to do.

Thanks.