[bksvol-discuss] Re: qquestion on releasing a book

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 13:42:57 -0700

Hi Robin,

As the system works right now, any work that you've done on a book
proofreading it is not retained if you release it.  The work only remains in
the copy on your personal computer.  The only way that I can think of to
circumvent this is to upload your partially proofread book to the approval
queue with a note requesting  please return that specific copy to the check
out page.  I would only advise this if you are in close contact with the
proofreader that would follow you.

As for your second question, in general, a new copy of a book must be
submitted to the check out page if a book  needed fixing and no proofreader
is currently working on the book.  However, if the original book is still on
the check out page, and the original proofreader wants to continue work on
the book, why not have him/her check out the book again and then contact
him/her privately as you did to give him/her the material needed to fix the
book?  Just my thinking.

Mayrie