[bksvol-discuss] Re: published/accepted now back on download list

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 00:20:00 -0400

Hi, Dan. If a book you validate returns to the step 1 download page, choose the link to download it. You'll come to a page that contains information about the book. Below the title and copyright info you will see comments. Gustavo often writes something in there like that he needs to know where you found proof of the copyright. He may also be concerned if there aren't any page breaks in a book, but a copyright question seems to be the most common reason a book is returned to the step 1 page. I always keep the corrected copy of a book I've worked on until I see that it's been officially approved in the Bookshare collection.

This next part is a matter of personal preference. When I validate a book, I copy the info from the copyright.gov web page into the comments field on the book acceptance form. This seems to make approval go more quickly since Gustavo knows right where to look for the copyright info.

At Tuesday 6/6/2006 08:00 PM, you wrote:

                Hi folks,

I validated "riders of the Plains" and got it cleaned up and uploaded. Now i see it back on the download list. Can someone tell me why this has happened? I assumed it would stay off the download list once it was accepted unless something was found to be wrong.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver
IBM Global Services Lexington
outside: 1-859-243-3411