[bksvol-discuss] Re: paragraphs--indented or line skipped between? **SPAM**

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 07:04:55 -0400

For anyone using MS Word to validate, not Kurzweil, use a ^p instead of the ^n. Word uses the ^p (lower case) as its token for paragraph markers, a ^n will get you a column.

Dave

At 12:48 AM 3/20/2008, you wrote:
Hi Kathy,

Here is a hint from one who made the mistake. If you are using Kurzweil, do not have line endings be respected. What this does is cause every single line in the book to appear as a single paragraph. The end of line character that Kurzweil uses is also its paragraph marker. Ignoring line endings should not remove all paragraphs, and I am positive does not when using Kurzweil. Occasionally, I Admit, paragraphs are run together into one where there should be more than one. I notice this particularly when two people are speaking, and the paragraph doesn't change.

And, guess what, in that particular instance, there is a simple fix. If you open the find and replace dialogue, type " " (That is quotation mark, space, quotation mark), in the find box, then type "\n" (that is quotation mark backslash lower case letter n quotation mark), in the replace box, then replace all. Paragraphs of dialogue that were not previously separated by a paragraph marker will now have them. Just in case anyone needs to know.

Just a word to the wise from one who thought I was doing a good thing by making the pages look exactly as they did in the book, and was oh, so wrong.

Peace,
Mayrie

E-mail message checked by Internet Security (5.5.0.212)
Database version: 5.09460
http://www.pctools.com/en/internet-security/