[bksvol-discuss] paragraphs, page numbers, and more

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 00:50:39 -0700 (PDT)

Marilyn,

I'm reading this late--for some reason I didn't see
your original letter and only just scrolled down to
see what Tom was responding to.
--- Tom Hawkins <tjhawk1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I validate with the paragraph symbol--and everything
else--showing, so when I hit return I see it and know
it's a new paragraph. But until a couple of days ago I
set my first line indent to .2 That way, as you point
out, the paragraphs are automatically indented. It did
mean that if the first line of text on the page was a
continuation of the paragraph on the preceding page I
had to move First Line indents to None and then
re-indent for the next paragraph.

But now, since it's been made clear that the various
technologies either automatically indent or readers
can set their technologies for what they want, I'm not
doing it. I'm just hitting return to create the
paragraph symbol.

I don't worry about whether or not the page numbers
are flush left or indented a bit. I don't think it
matters--if I'm wrong, readers, please let me know.
I've also stopped making the page numbers fit the font
of the rest of the text, unless they're too big. Even
if they're bold I leave them alone. Again, readers, if
this is annoying, please let me know and I'll go back
to what I did before, which is to make the page
numbers regular type and font to match the text.

I think you already have the answer about blank line,
page number, blank line, text. smile

G.Cindy

AVAILABLE AT
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/