[bksvol-discuss] Re: ot getting out of debt

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 09:36:08 -0700

Jim What a nice messaage!

Cat Lover Lori

----- Original Message ----- From: <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 9:10 AM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: ot getting out of debt

Hi,
Not to drag this on too long. I decided to start going to Debtors Anonymous
meetings and all though I am just in the beginning stages of dealing with
this, I am starting to gain hope that it will help. With all the other
things that have gone on with me in the last two years, I view this as a
good thing. And, in case anyone wants to know, the opportunity to volunteer
for Bookshare and rub elbows with the great people on this list has been
such a blessing that I can't put it into words. Writing this is making me
get a lump in my throat. OK , enough for now.

Thanks.

Jim

James D Homme, Usability Engineering, Highmark Inc.,
james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"The difference between those who get what they wish for and those who
don't is action. Therefore, every action you take is a complete
success,regardless of the results." -- Jerrold Mundis
Highmark internal only: For usability and accessibility:
http://highwire.highmark.com/sites/iwov/hwt093/

            "E."
            <thoth93@earthlin
            k.net>                                                     To
            Sent by:                  bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
            bksvol-discuss-bo                                          cc
            unce@xxxxxxxxxxxx
            g                                                     Subject
                                      [bksvol-discuss] ot getting out of
                                      debt
            08/20/2008 10:00
            AM

            Please respond to
            bksvol-discuss@fr
               eelists.org

Years ag I was in severe debt to the tune of several thousand dollars.

I wrote down everything I spent by carrying a casette recorder and
just inputting everything and I mean everything including the
purchases for a dollar and under.

I did nothing else. It helped tremendously. I got out of debt by just
getting conscious of what I was doing which is where writing down
things helps.

I made no formal budget other than that and paid off the debt every
week a little at a time until it was gone.

Hope this personal input is useful to somebody.

I have never been in debt since.

Elizabeth
E.