[bksvol-discuss] opening a book in Kurzweil

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookshare volunteer discussion" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 21:56:31 -0600

Once I've downloaded a book from the new site, I usually bring up Kurzweil to
read it.

Originally I thought I'd just read the xml file from the zipped folder
(Kurzweil treats a zipped folder just like any other folder.) However, on the
couple of books I've downloaded, the .xml file doesn't work. (I forget the
message, just that it can't read it.)

So I thought "well, I'll read the .opf file." (I think that way some times).

Anyway, so I opened the .opf file for which I had to enter my password about
six times.

Anyway, is there a better way to read a book in Kurzweil? I'd prefer to read
the daisy book so I can use the navigational tools, and you can't do that with
the .brf files.

Thanks for any help.

Bob

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is
the only thing that ever has."--Margaret Mead