[bksvol-discuss] odd pronunciations

  • From: "Lori" <twilight2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 23:07:46 -0400

Hi all,

I vaguely remember a similar experience early on when texts were being provided in E-text for me, but I can't remember exactly how to resolve the issue. I believe it has something to do with format markers.

While I'm reading continuously an occasional word might be there but not sound quite right. I can tell what it is, but it just doesn't sound right. For instance father might sound like fa ther with a pause in it. So when I go word by word or line by line, it is ok. Upon reviewing character by character it appears there is a deadspot that doesn't say space or anything between the a and t. If I look at the numbers associated with the character it appears that there are two t's because there is a 116 under the deadspot and a 116 under the t.

Can someone help me out and tell me what is going on? Is it a format marker? How can I resolve the issue?

Thanks,
L...