[bksvol-discuss] Re: nina riley books

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 13:19:18 -0800 (PST)

You make a good point about reaaders' reviews, but
usually they tell enough about what the book is about
that I can tell if I want to red it. The professional
reveiws likewise. Our library includes Publishers'
Weekly and Library JOurnal reviews, and amazon had
Publishers' Weekly, I htink it was, and something
else, Book...something I don't remember. It's not so
much for the opinions but the descriptions that give
me info, in both cases.

Last night I expanded my list of Netflix movies and
checked both critiucs' and viewers' reviews. It was
interesting to see that in two cases they totally
disagreed--critics gave 4 and 5 stars to movies that
viewers gave one or two or three, and vice versa.
Reading the reasons for the ratings, though, enabled
me to decide if I wanted to add the movie or not.
Sometimes the critics like movies that are more avant
garde than my husband and I like. :-)

Cindy