[bksvol-discuss] Re: newly submitted scan, "Fighting for Air: The Battle for Control of America's Media"

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 15:25:50 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for letting me (us) know.
When someone tells me he/she has submitted a book I cross it off the being
scanned list,  check the books in process list, which takes me to the ready to
check out table, and note that it is ready for proofing. When I can't find it
there, I check the collection to see if it's already  in the collection, and
then I delete. it from the being-scanned list.
 I couldn't find your book on either page of the ready to check out  list
either  by title(first word, at least) or  author's name, and I couldn't open
Being processed.

So I assumed since I cllouldn't find it anywhere maybe someone had downloaded t
and was working on it. Since
Hmm. SInc you were able to check the history I guess the book must be on the
ready to check out list. I checked my spelling  three times.  I wonder what I
did wrong.

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List:

From: Rik James <rixmix2009@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] newly submitted scan, "Fighting for Air: The
Battle for Control of America's Media"
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, September 7, 2009, 4:18 PM

Okay, it is true.
Yet another book of non-fiction have I set about to deliver up unto ye, of
the Bookshare ever book hungry.

And please Cindy, you may remove "Fighting for Air" from the Books Being
Scanned list.

I hope it will meet with approval and find some proofreader who may give it
a look see.

It is a book of nearly 400 pages, with an index and notes. I did the work
along as I went to fix things. And I did the page and heading stuff, and
chaned the font and size and put the headings at the higher font size, and
the ellipses fixes.  What else?  Oh heck. I think it's good.  So good luck
to you, too!

Here is hoping you are all having a great day.
Thanks.
Rik James