[bksvol-discuss] new volunteer but old.

  • From: Gwen <gstweedy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 09:27:46 -0400

My name is Gwen Tweedy I was on the volunteer list quite a while back I am Robert's wife. I came in to help bookshare as best as I can in any way I can. I have no adgenda, I am not setting out to get credits unless it just happens for me. And I certainly have no entent of taking any book, at any time from any person period! I was shocked to death at the email I received to release a book I had. I went in just to peak at the books on the list I was just gonna run in and see what a book was about and I was sure I hit the top one the title part not the check out link I was totally surprised when it said downloading and I quick like a bunny hit cancel right away but it must have done it anyway where it went I have no earthly idea because it didn't even dawn upon me to check. I had no interest in it, wasn't gonna proof the book so I just went on my merry way doing other things. I like to have had a heart attack when I found in my personal email a mailing to release a book and sure enough when I went up there it was there as big as life in my checked out thing. If I get the chance to proof for someone somewhere along the way or scan a book wonderful but if not wonderful as well. I am just here, available with nothing in mind but to be supportive to bookshare in particular and anyone person who needs it.

Thanks and my appologies to anyone I  offended in this whole process.
As I told her, I am scared to death right now to download anything my confidence level is zero at the moment and just hit the minus this morning. hugs to those who want and need themhave a great day all and maybe I'll see you along the bookshare volunteer trail.
Gwen