[bksvol-discuss] new fiction book added to wish list

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 16:31:41 -0700 (PDT)

Stoner, by John Williams has been requested.

I checked amazon. This is a rfeprint of a "remarkable" 1965 novel that

From Publishers Weekly
novel "offers a window on early 20th century higher education .... Sent by his
hard-scrabble farmer father to the University of Missouri to study
agriculture, William Stoner is sidetracked by an obsessive love of
literature and stimulated by a curmudgeonly old professor, Archer
Sloane. Sloane helps Stoner avoid service in WWI, ...and (I can't quote more
legally. smile), but it sounds like a v ery interesting and well-written book
from the PW review.

CIndy

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: