[bksvol-discuss] new bestsellers this week

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Vol Group <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 10:14:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi gang,

Hardcover Fiction
THE LOST SYMBOL, by Dan Brown (in the collection)

Hardcover Non-Fiction
SHOOTING STARS, by LeBron James and Buzz Bissinger
END THE FED, by Ron Paul (in the collection)
TRUE COMPASS, by Edward M. Kennedy (being proofed)
WHERE MEN WIN GLORY, by Jon Krakauer

Paperback Fiction (Trade and Mass Market)
SAY YOU'RE ONE OF THEM, by Uwem Akpan (in the collection)

This one was 19th on the list of trade fiction bestsellers, but I can't resist
getting it:
SENSE AND SENSIBILITY AND SEA MONSTERS, by Jane Austen and Ben H. Winters

(I think we're seeing the birth of a whole new genre: Distorted Classics.
Evidently there are a bunch of people who are adding vampires, werewolves and
what-have-you to every known classic of literature.)

Carrie