[bksvol-discuss] Re: my take on the Jiffy proofers

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 21:05:33 EDT

I am not sure how they are getting away with it, but that is exactly what
they are doing and they are doing it over and over. It seems to be two people
who
are standing out. If they could be stopped it might become apparent that
others are doing it to a lesser extent. I will point out, though, that
sometimes
proofreading can be a very fast job. I once downloaded a book about Big Bird
that was written for very young children and it really did take only a few
minutes to finish that one. On two other occasions I found a book on the
download
list that Carrie had returned with a note to make a minor correction. They had
been sitting there for some time without anyone making that correction so I
did it and uploaded them without reading them.

                  "Philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various
ways; the point is to change it." Karl Marx

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] my take on the Jiffy proofers
Date:
3/21/2009 8:14:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
jdprater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Hi, all, I didn't catch on to this until today, but I don't believe what I'm
hearing/reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Do you mean to tell me somebody'd have the
audacity to download a book of any size--particularly the larger ones, and
almost immediately check it back in?  Even if somebody didn't do anything but
spellcheck their checked out books, and it's taken more than that even for
the easiest books, it should take more than a few minutes, so how are they
getting
by with not cleaning books up?  I don't see how anybody properly proofreads a
book without reading it, so I'm outraged and shocked that people would do
this.  Dr. Seus or something easy, just maybe, but I still have my doubts,
but a book of more than 50 pages, where do they get off?  I've always gotten
feedback if a book has been accepted or rejected, or needs fixing, so how are
they getting away with this and how do they get their proofreading accepted
when I've worked on a book for a couple of hours at least and sometimes
that's fine and sometimes--such as in the case of Little Prince know-it-all, it
got taken away and it's still on the proofer's list.  With the long list of
things awaiting approval, how are they getting away with this at all?  I
thought
bookshare was raising their standards higher, not lowering them.  I wouldn't
do a thing like this, trust me, but if I did, I don't see how their
submissions
pass supposed inspections based on the feedback I've gotten and the potential
problems with turning in a book too quick?  What are they accomplishing that
makes the books pass through so quickly, and how can they live with
theirselves?  Do they just sit around and wait for new books so they can do
this and
get credits they've not earned?  I've worked hard over the past few weeks on
books even though I've been stumped by page issues in some of my submissions,
and this makes me really, really sick at heart and I feel for anybody trying
to read something that is proofread so quickly and improperly.  Everybody
who's doing what they're supposed to do, keep up the great work and have a
blessed day.

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in
just 2 easy steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220863691x1201421954/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D6680
72%26hmpgID%3D62%26bcd%3DMarchfooterNO62)