[bksvol-discuss] Re: missing title

  • From: Marilyn Beasley <mbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 20:17:40 -0400

Hi, Jim.

I'm sorry to hear "odd things" have been happening to you. You should maybe report
these odd things to volunteer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I learned recently while reading messages that every book needs a title page, which is simply a page that has the book title, author's name, and publisher's name on it, nothing else, and I think in that order. I think I had to make one up for a recent book that didn't
have one.

Good Luck,
Marilyn

On May 15, 2009, at 8:08 PM, Jim and Flo wrote:

Hi Marilyn,

I have no idea who put a hold on it, I certainly did not. In my submission the title is on page 3 along with the copyright. I was not aware the title had to be on a special page. This is not the only odd thing that has happened to me since January.
Jim Pardee

At 07:21 PM 5/15/2009, you wrote:
Hi, All.

Strange But True:

I'm Marilyn, but I didn't proofread this book and never knew it was on
hold for me.
I would fix the book if I had the file, but I don't so I can't.

I'm interested in two things: 1) Who submitted this book with a hold
for me?
and 2) Who proofread this book when it had a HOLD FOR MARILYN on it?

Really Very Confused,
Marilyn

On May 15, 2009, at 7:01 PM, Jim and Flo wrote:

Hi all,
I just got the following message from support. If               the
proof reader is on the list ,  would you please add the title to
page two.
Thank you, Jim Pardee

Dear James, Thank you for your efforts to prepare a book for
Bookshare. We are contacting you because your submission, HOLD FOR
MARILYN Murder in Four Parts by Bill Crider has been marked for more
editing before publication on Bookshare.org.

We invite you to contact <mailto:volunteer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>volunteer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx if you need more information regarding this submission. We
appreciate the time you spend contributing to Bookshare.org, and
look forward to continuing to build the collection together.

Below are some of the specific reasons for the request for further
editing of this submission:

To the proofreader: please add the title of the book to the title
page (the second page in the book). Then I'll approve it. Thanks.

subject line.