[bksvol-discuss] Re: macros

  • From: Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 11:21:51 -0800 (PST)

Hi E yes I did the macros in word. I am going to redo
them I think so they will do more than 3 replaces at a
time. I wanted to be careful about doing too many
because of the possibility it would insert a blank
line where I didn't want it but I only found it
happening where Chapter [number] was an actual number.

I will find out how to get the macro out of word so it
can be emailed. Once it is in word it is easy to run
just by pressing Alt-F8 and then selecting the right
macro and running it as many times as needed.

to create the macros I did this:

Alt T
type in the name of the macro and press enter
Then do the keystrokes (for example I did Alt F for
find, then put in 0^p and when it found one, I pressed
escape, home, enter, then alt F then enter twice (so
it would skip the one I just fixed and go to the next
one), escape, home, enter, repeat)
Alt T
R (for stop recording)

Then to run the macro Alt F8 and arrow down to the
name of the macro and press enter to run it.

Jamie in Michigan