[bksvol-discuss] Re: lemony Snicket releases 13 and final book

  • From: Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 05:42:00 -0700 (PDT)

I have read the first 12 Lemoney Snicket books. They
are supposed to be for children but I would not want
my 8 year or 12 year old to read them.

The latter books are pretty clearly fictional, but the
first book especially is a could be true thing. I
think they would be scary for kids to read but they
are wildly popular.

And in my library they are in the juvenile fiction
section which is for children like 8, 9, maybe 10. I
don't think they're appropriate for that age level. I
thought they should be in the young adult section.

Jamie in Michigan