[bksvol-discuss] Re: kingdom hereafter

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 08:42:52 -0500

Hi Amber,
It was for me. Don't worry; I'm hoping to learn to get to my library, and then
maybe I can give it a whirl myself. It's an awfully big book from what I've
heard, and I know you've had trouble with your wrists so maybe it's better this
way. Thanks for letting me know though. Hope your next project is more
cooperative. And I hope you'll enjoy your new kitten. I'm a lifelong catlover
and owner, and kittens can be real stinkers so fortunately they never cease to
be cute. <grin> As they get older they mellow. Even a friendly kitten will do
plenty of biting and scratching for most of the first year. Rule number one: if
you don't feel like playing rough, never mess with a kitty that's laying upside
down with paws (and claws) waving invitingly in the air. Rule number two: When
the kitten grabs your hand and digs in its claws painfully, let your hand go
completely limp. The kitten will let go almost immediately if you do that,
whereas if you struggle to free yourself they are prone to just clamp down
tighter.

You've probably heard these things before, but I thought I'd throw in my two
cat-related cents in case it would be useful. If you give your kitty lots of
stuff to play with, and lots of petting and cuddling, you'll end up with a
loving companion who may keep you company for the next fifteen or twenty years.
And another thing, cats love little baubles you can make for them as much as
toys you buy. I often take several aluminum candy wrappers like the ones from
Hershey's kisses and make a toy that my cat will bat around, or even fetch when
I throw it.
Ok, enough ot cat blathering from me. <grin>
Thanks, and have a good weekend.
Kellie