[bksvol-discuss] Re: k1000 and dictionaries

  • From: Stephen Baum <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 11:18:28 -0400

It depends what you mean by "dictionary". If you mean the dictionary used to define words, no, there is no way to extend that dictionary. You can, with version 10, and if you choose to purchase the optional English Language CD for $50, get access to the Oxford Concise dictionary in addition to the American Heritage 4th Edition.

If you mean the spell checker word list, you can add individual words to that in the tools menu.

Stephen

At 06:39 AM 8/6/2005, you wrote:
Are their better dictionaries which somehow can be incorporated into k1000? I really need one with terms which show up in particularly Indian texts.

Also, I HAVE noticed that the k1000 dictionary does not contain many common terms. Is there a better more complete English dictionary which could be optionally added on to k1000 by a user?

E.