[bksvol-discuss] just submitted the Castle in the Attic

  • From: "Amber Wallenstein" <amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 10:00:44 -0400

I just submitted the Castle in the Attic by Elizabeth Winthrop...
"You must find your own way through the forest, William. That's what I've been
trying to tell you all along."
Mrs. Phillips is moving back to England. She has taken care of William for ten
years and even though he loves his parents, nothing will be the same without
her.
As her farewell present, she gives him a wooden model of a medieval castle that
has been in her family for generations. It has everything William could
possibly want, right down to a miniature drawbridge, a portcullis and a silver
knight. But despite the castle, William is miserable. He wants to find a way of
keeping Mrs. Phillips with him forever. And he does . . . once he breaks the
spell cast on the silver knight.
This is an enthralling story of magic and fantasy, which weaves the everyday
problems of growing up into the age-old battle between good and evil. William's
quest, on which he faces a ferocious dragon and a wicked wizard, is a brilliant
journey into William's soul-where courage finally triumphs over fear.
Enjoy.
Amber

Book blog:
John Adams