[bksvol-discuss] just submitted... "The Stories of Yellowstone: Adventure Tales from the World's First National Park"

  • From: <ohio1803@xxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 17:57:52 -0700

I have just submitted the following title to Bookshare.
Details below.
It has been so warm here recently that bears were waking up!
I think they better get back to the cave, however. Not much to eat out here in
the month of February.
Thankfully, it is cold once again.
Enjoy! And thank you!
Richard (Rik) James

ISBN #:   978-0-7627-9290-0
TITLE:   The Stories of Yellowstone: Adventure Tales from the World's First
National Park
AUTHOR:   M. Mark Miller
YEAR OF COPYRIGHT:   Copyright © 2014 by Rowman & Littlefield
PUBLISHER:  TwoDot AN IMPRINT OF ROWMAN & LITTLEFIELD
GENRE:   non-fiction

from the book's back cover:
The history of the world's first national park seen through the eyes of its
earliest human visitors

Covering the time period from 1807, when John Colter first discoverer the
wonders of the Yellowstone Plateau, to the 1920s, when tourists sped between
luxury hotels in their automobiles, The Stories of Yellowstone presents a
delightful collection of tales about the first national park in the world.
Taken from the author’s collection of over 400 first-person accounts by the
earliest visitors, these brief stories recount mountain men’s awe at geysers
that hurled boiling water hundreds of feet into the air and later stories that
reveal the golden age of tourism in the area. Richly illustrated throughout
with numerous historical photographs and illustrations, The Stories of
Yellowstone allows armchair historians to get inside the minds of the earliest
park visitors!

M. MARK MILLER is a fifth-generation Montanan who grew up on a ranch in
southwest Montana. His articles on Yellowstone Park and Montana history have
appeared in Montana Quarterly, Big Sky Journal, and Pioneer Museum Quarterly.
Globe Pequot published his first book, Adventures in Yellowstone: Early
Travelers Tell Their Tales, under its TwoDot imprint in 2009. He lives in
Bozeman, where he volunteers at the Gallatin History Museum.

volunteer comments:

This book was scanned using Kurzweil K-1000 latest version 14.01. I have
retained the .kes file with images as well as the printed copy. So if there is
an issue, I can refer to it. Where page numbers were at the bottom, I have
moved them to the top of each page, with a blank line above and below it. All
text is at 12 point regular Arial font. Except that I have modified the
headings according to Bookshare standards - 20 point bold for the title, 16
point bold for the headings. The book is comprised of 11 Parts, with each story
within of a length of several pages. I have considered each story to be in need
of a Heading, so they are each with the 16 point bolded font, as well as the
larger Part. Before the stories, there is a Preface and a Table of Contents.
And at the end there is a single page section, About the Author.
On pages with photo or image captions I have put this at the beginning:
[image caption: with a closed bracket ] at the end of the caption. Where the
page is blank, I have also made this: [page is blank.]  and put a page number
at the top of the page, when needed. While the sccan of this book produced very
few errors, I used Ranked Spelling and I worked it over extensively to make
corrections, checking with the words as they appear on the book's pages. I am
available for any question, if I can be of further assistance, please do
contact me at this email address: d28rik @ msn.com.   I am also on the bksvol
discussion email list.  Good luck! I hope you may like the book as much as I
did when scanning and reading it.  Thanks. Rik