[bksvol-discuss] just submitted "Still Inside: The Tony Rice Story" by Tim Stafford and Carolyn Wright

  • From: <ohio1803@xxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 14:11:50 -0600

Hi folks,

I am hoping there is a Tony Rice and acoustic music fan out there among you,
who would enjoy proofreading my newly submitted scanned copy of this biography.
The book is my purchased hardcover copy, and according to Amazon it is only
available at a premium by other sellers. So I guess that makes this even more
cool. Or they have chosen to only sell through Tony’s website or County Sales
or some other Bluegrass music seller.

I have hopes to get it approved and in my credits column before my renewal date
of April 14, but of course I know that may be a roll of the dice. I may as well
just dream of playing guitar like TR! <g>

Here is the info on it.
Thanks.
Rik

Welcome to the world of guitarist Tony Rice and his music. By many, he is
considered one of the most influential acoustic guitar players in bluegrass,
progressive bluegrass, newgrass and acoustic jazz. This is his long awaited
biography, as told by family, friends and fellow musicians.

from About This Book section...
Welcome to the world of guitarist Tony Rice and his music.  Some of you are
devoted acoustic music lovers who have waited years for this biography. Some of
you are casual fans who are curious about Tony Rice. Still others will be
completely unfamiliar with our subject and his music. We hope our presentation
of Tony's story provides an informative, inspirational and entertaining
experience for all.

Tony Rice (born David Anthony Rice, June 8, 1951, Danville, Virginia) is an
American acoustic guitarist and bluegrass musician. He is considered one of the
most influential acoustic guitar players in bluegrass, progressive bluegrass,
newgrass and acoustic jazz. Rice spans the range of acoustic music, from
traditional bluegrass to jazz-influenced New Acoustic music, to
songwriter-oriented folk. Over the course of his career, he has played
alongside J. D. Crowe and the New South, David Grisman (during the formation of
"Dawg Music") and Jerry Garcia, led his own Tony Rice Unit, collaborated with
Norman Blake, recorded with his brothers Wyatt, Ron and Larry and co-founded
the Bluegrass Album Band. He has recorded with drums, piano, soprano sax, as
well as with traditional bluegrass instrumentation.

VOLUNTEER COMMENTS UPON SUBMISSION:
This book was scanned using Kurzweil K-1000 version 12.  Ranked spelling after
corrections is rated as over a 99.8 percent accuracy level.
headers removed, page numbers with blank line above and below at top of each
page.
all text font is at 12 point Arial, regular. Book Title set at 20 point,
bolded. Chapter headings 16 point, bolded.
And all have been similarly scrutinized. Scanos were fixed and removed where
found. There are likely a few lurking. But I did my best.
You may contact me at my email with any questions at d28rik at msn dot com.
A note on headings. First there are chapters and then there is this On the Road
segment which is separate from chapters, as I read it. But within the chapters,
there are sub headings of subjects within each of these chapters. I would think
that having multi-level headings would be nice. I did it in my .kes version.
And it was nice to read teh book this way. But i did not put all of the
subheadings in alternate font size. I just ran out of time. But here is the
summary of the headings I gathered.