[bksvol-discuss] Re: is anyone interested in proofing?

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 12:02:10 -0500

Dear Amber,

I'm very interested in proofreading

Where the Light Remains
One Flesh
The Shadow Catcher
Sworn to Silence

I'll send you postage and even an empty self addressed box of about the size
you'd need,  if you'd be willing to mail the books to me. Then, if any pages
need rescanning, I can do it. I promise to do these books quickly, for me,
meaning at least one a week and to Match my reading of them with more pages
from The Bruce Trilogy.

I'll also get in touch with you about the other books. I've been in denial that
you are moving!

Evan is celebrating Valentines Day with me long distance today, even though the
real Valentine's Day is tomorrow. That's because there's no mail on Valentine's
Day and he's sent a package he thinks will come in today's mail. Silly me. I'm
even dressed up, to set the tone. so it isn't a good day for catching up with
you. Tell me when you have some time for us to touch bases.

I'm actually thrilled you may have a job, but sadder than I should be that you
are moving since we only met in person twice.

Wow, Amber! I did get way out of the loop, didn't I?

I confess part of my reticence was due to my lagging on The Bruce Trilogy. I
even considered passing it on, but it has problems because of the blotchy print
job in the book itself. None of its glitches were your fault.

While I wait to hear from you and for the mail, I'll get back to proofing the
23rd Pee Wee Scout Book. I also checked in a mystery today, the Spoilt Kill by
Mary Kelly.

I know I follow in your dust, in terms of proofing speed, but it was exciting
when I reached 500 books. I'm at 516 now. Did you enjoy the recognition
Bookshare has been giving volunteers. I think they are really nice gestures.

Always with Love,

Lissi