[bksvol-discuss] information about bookshare

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 00:53:37 -0400

The improved bookshare site needs some sort of promotions section.

Not everybody is going to go to a web site but folks may pick up a flier at a library or at a college disabilities resources center or whatever they now call them.

I suspect some institutions of higher learning still do not know about bookshare.

Let's get info to the students themselves.

If I remember my college days, the students are the resourceful ones.

We need a flier to give local public libraries too. There are lots of seniors out there who become legally blind every day. They qualify.

Those seniors by the way want a easier vocal interface than bookshare now provides.

They are new to audio. They want to read books easily. Reading is something they really miss when losing the ability to read print.

Somebody talked about the Daisy format vocal bookshare set up needing work. I never used it so cannot comment.

Hope these musings are valuable.

E.