[bksvol-discuss] home business and adventure freebees

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 01:49:53 -0400

Dear Booksharians, especially scanners,

here are 2 more books I'll mail to anyone who is interested in scanning them. As of last week they weren't in the collection though you might want to double check, especially the books in process list. You can keep these books and I am not interested in validating them. they look as if they may be very interesting to many readers.

1. Home Business 101 Everything you need to know for starting and developing a successful home business Sharon Carr 144 pages, like new with a little corner wear, paperback large pages about 8 by 11 inches. Has chapters like Mental set up, Physical Office Setup, Growing Your Business, Managing Your Time, Customer Service, etc. There are a few large cartoons you could skip and only a few charts, but no side boxes or confusing graphics.

2. The Heights of Rimring a Novel by Duff Hart-Davis Hardcover, 308 pages worn dust cover but perfect pages. about 7 by 10 inch pages. back cover says,

Spectacular settings, tight, hard-hitting plot. Hart-davis is an accomplished writer who has an exceptional facility and versatility with words. An enjoyable, fast read. A rattling good tale, and absolutely credible, Hart Davis has a feel for the ends of the earth. He turns Tibet and the Himalayas from names on the map into real places. There is a touch of Jack London in the way this book conveys the clash of wilderness and civilization, and the antics of the KGB are only too convincing. In the finist tradition of British adventure writing: unpretentious, impeccable in its background detail...keen delight in the spectacular and perilous landscape in which his drama is acted out. Inhabitants of the high villages are to him both pathetically poor and admirably resourceful, never merely picturesque.

Contact me if you'd like me to mail these books to you to scan at

airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This month I actually skipped a library book sale. Nevertheless, the stacks of books in my computer room resemble the Himalayas so much that if I turn on the ceiling fan there's liable to be an avalanche in here. Thanks for helping me to lower the topography.

Always with love,

Lissi