[bksvol-discuss] Re: help with editing a word document

  • From: "Tiffany H. Jessen" <tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 14:14:35 -0500

For each of the different attributes, not just underline, but bold, quotes,
change of fonts, strike out, anything, you can assign a different sound,
pitch of voice, or voice all together. Personally I assign short sounds to
things like links, buttons and combo boxes and other things just so I can
cut out the excess verbiage, and I change the pitch for things which are
bold or quoted. Otherwise I don't have anything assigned to font type or
color. To me that is just too much information, and for the things I do it's
not totally important. If I really need to know it I can simply move the
curser to it and push insert F and it will tell me the font or insert numrow
five will tell me the color.
Anyways, when you save these types of settings it is saved as a scheme. Like
with most of jaws settings you can save it in your default configurations
file, or make it application specific.
Okay, to the real point, I can help you set it up how ever you wish, but how
exactly do you want it to behave?  In this case I assume you don't want it
to play a sound for underlining because though you know it is underlined at
that point, you would not know when the underlining stopped. So, your
options now are for it to say underline, or to change choice or pitch when
it hits the underlined word/words.
I will give you instructions but I need to know exactly what you want first
so I don't have to write a full book of everything.
Tiff