[bksvol-discuss] help from volunteer co-ordinator

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 11:44:30 -0400

I would like to hear from Pavi about the kess and arc conversion of books on step 1.

We may be able to get step 1 books off the list faster if we have help from bookshare staff.

Many of the books on step 1 which stay there do so because they are in arc and kes, are on subjects which may have low interest and or have a lot of "fixing up" hurdles.

For example, there are several books on nineteenth and twentieth century warfare on step 1. Some are in kes format. Some have a certain number of errors or have missing pages.

The combination of difficult subject combined with less accessible formats means they are likely to stay there a while.

E.