[bksvol-discuss] fair enough

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 00:10:31 -0400

Dear Volunteer Friends,

I'm about to answer my own question about fair books. Don't count this as talking to myself, I haven't gone round the bend.

Bookshare is about giving us choices, more than we've ever had. One of those choices is to read or not read fair books. As Jake said, the per centage of them is small and we have the choice to stick with good and excellent books. With literally tens of thousands of titles to choose from which is a great leap of progress from 5 years ago when the shelves were bare, especially for those of us who read braille.

Time for me to follow my own advice and not expect bookshare to address every issue yesterday. Upon reflection, I don't want to squawk about the 3 or 4 books in a hundred I'd skip when I can dig in and enjoy the 96 in a hundred that suit me fine.

Having resolved my question, please disregard my previous post.

Always With Love,

Lissi

Give me the higher ground any day even if I have to climb uphill to meet it.
Bill the Pony, from The Tenth Walker by Lyndellia, Tolkien Fan Fiction