[bksvol-discuss] Re: extra chapter at end of book

  • From: socly@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 03:00:47 -0500

Recently there was word from Bookshare -- I think maybe Jesse -- that we don't
*have* to put in things like
the ads for other books that appear in paperback  editions, or the cover flaps
and cover backs,or the
reviews or info about other books by the same author. But some people indicated
(and Jesse said this
before) that including at least the info about other books by the same author
or other books of the same
genre might be useful to people who might like to know about those books and
might be interested in
reading them.

All this is to get around to my suggestion -- that you leave the chapter in but
don't bother spending much
time to clean it up -- maybe just do a spell check (if there aren't too many
errors for the spell check to
correct) and a replace with nothing garbage. It may be that the chapter will
intrigue a reader who might
want to read the next book. I'm a little surprised that a whole chapter, rather
than a few pages, is included,
though.

Cindy