[bksvol-discuss] Re: epson 3170 in openbook and Kurzweil

  • From: "Monica Ballard" <MBallard1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 09:01:34 -0400

OK, I'm a wee bit behind in catching up with eMail...  I have an Epson 3170
and your 13 seconds is about right for a full page. For paperbacks the time
can be reduced by changing the page size to reduce the distance the scanner
traverses. Tinkering with resolution, greyscale/black and white/color can
also improve scan times and still result in an accurate OCR. I find walking
away while the scanner does its work is the best way to speed things up.
(grin).

Another Monica in Maryland