[bksvol-discuss] donating books to scan, no pictures or fancy stuff

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 21:35:54 -0500

Hello Everyone,

In my continuing quest to ship a large per centage of my library out of my house so the books will appear in the book share collection where I can read them at last, and, of course, share them, too, I'm listing some books I'll mail to anyone who contacts me here or off list who might want to scan them

When I last checked, none of these books were available on web braille from NLS.

These will be books I'll be happy to validate if they are returned to me, or would be glad for anyone else to validate. Either way will be good.

The books are mostly large print and should be nice, sharp uncomplicated, scans.

One other possibility. You may also notify me that you've gotten any of these books from the library and I'll keep my copy for double checking for validating and then I'll donate it somewhere.

1. Simple Gifts by Joanne Greenberg. - 291 pgs - 3 of her books are in the collection, including, I Never Promised You A Rose Garden. To keep their Colorado Ranch a family arranges with the government to show it as it was in 1880 to tourists.

2. Retreat With Honor by Josephine Lawrence 359 pgs - 51 year old widow manages a retirement retreat - the book has plenty of humor and heart

3. Code Blue by Nancy Fisher 610 pgs. We have Code Red by this author. A medical suspense story of a recovering alcoholic plastic Surgeon who finds too many patients dying at the hospital where the rich come for face lifts.

4. The Honorable Detective by Jeffrey Ashford - 232 pgs - British mystery. 2 men witness a hit and run. One helps the police and the other doesn't. Both are pressured secretly not to co-operate. Both react in character and one discovers the true depth of his character.

5. The Reckoning by Janet Walker - 210 pgs. copyright 1986 Toronto - Novel in the Star Trek universe - It has no ISBN, so is it scannable? it is a hard to find Trek novel. .

I brought up 6 books and the last, Merchanter's Luck, by C J Cherryh is already in the collection so the library bookstore can have that one and I've downloaded the brf file to read myself.

Always With Love,

Lissi