[bksvol-discuss] diacriticl marks

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 18:48:18 -0700 (PDT)

Jim Pardee kindly sent me his marks as an attachment
with a very nice note (thanks, Jim, for the comments)
and mentioned that they were so people could delete
them as junk. I had thought that you all wanted them
to insert in the appropriate places if you were doing
books that required diacritical marks or if the marks
used to indicate copyright or trademark or registered
needed to be placed on the copyright page.

I have sent Jim a page with some samples. If the marks
can be copied and pasted, or the key stroke ways of
making them can be used by those of you who don't have
Word but not Macs, I'll make a list and send it. Or,
Carrie, do you have such a list already that you can
send to those who want it? Jim can test out with the
samples  sent him, but I think Carrie said she had a
list. Obviously they marks do not come out right on
email posts. I've seen them as question marks, and as
question marks on synopses, too.

Grandma CIndy