[bksvol-discuss] Re: deleting books from nonfiction wish list that have been sitting there forever.

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 02:38:02 -0500

Cindy, I have a problem with books that someone requested just getting dropped from the wish list. I don't want to be contrarian, smile, and I didn't request these books myself, and I'm not interested in them, but the person who requested them is--or at least was. Lots and lots of members aren't on either of the discussion lists. So how is that member who has been hoping a book they want to read will get done to know that their request has been dropped? And what reason will they be given that their books were selected to be dropped--based on what fair criteria compared to other books that haven't been dropped from the wish lists?

Maybe this signals a need to track on the wish lists the date when a book is requested, and by whom. If that isn't done, then there really is no way to know how long any book has been on the wish list, or who to contact if a request sits unfulfilled to see if the person who wanted the book still wants it.

Just some thoughts.

Judy s.

Quoting Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>:

Having a spare minute, I've deleted the Newt Gingrich books from the nonfiction wish list hat were sitting there for a very lonf time (since 2009 or before). If anyoane eants one of his books that is not already in the collection, please let
me know and I'll it to the wish list and send a note to the volun eer email
list.

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: