[bksvol-discuss] burned out and need a break

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 06:48:06 -0500

I am taking a couple  weeks off from validating.

Often half of the books on the reject list are mine. Perhaps this is part of the reason some of the books on the reject list need a second opinion from a validator who is not me before they will really leave step 1.

I did spend time on all the rejects, and there were many of them. Unfortunately, many were from one or two people. I know it is difficult for staff to send one person ten reject notices.

If more people were willing to clean out books from step 1 by rejecting ones validators simply do not have enough hours in the day to fix up perhaps staff would be more willing to reject books. I will be back validating in a couple of weeks when I feel less burned out. I am staying on the volunteer list just taking a break from volunteering.
E.