[bksvol-discuss] Re: braille and spelling

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 15:01:27 -0700 (PDT)

Even learning a foreign language is more difficult as an adult than as a child
as I found out a number of years ago when I was trying to learn Spanish.. Too
often the French word I had learned in school came to my mind in place of the
Spanish word I needed. I could and can read Spanish .o.k., . but speaking it,
and understanding it when it is spoken rapidly I 'm no good at. My problem in
speaking is that I'm too aware of what the correct grammar should be. Since  I
was only speaking to  uneducated immigrant parents I shouldn't have worried
about that, as someone told me, but I  couldn't help myself. A course in
Spanglish would have been more useful to me than the college Spanish courses I
took.

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: