[bksvol-discuss] Re: books-being-scanned list updated 4/14/10

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 04:08:59 -0500

Cindy, the list hasn't become too large. It's something wrong in your word processor's settings. smile. Changing the font size won't really change the file size.

I suspect you've got something configured in the settings of your version of Word (or whichever package it is you're using) that saves extra information about files it is working on that is inflating your files. There are several possibilities of settings that will cause that, and we have list members who can give you better instructions than I can on what to look for.

One thing that comes to mind, though is to make sure the "track changes" option in Word is turned off. When that option is turned on it will really expand the size of your file.

As I test I took the rtf file that you sent to the list and did nothing to it but read it into my Word and then saved it back out as an rtf after adding a single space to one line. That created a new rtf that is less than half the file size of the one you sent.

Hopefully someone can chime in and walk you through your settings. smile.

Judy s.

Cindy wrote:
The list has become so large that I was unable to save it, so I started a part 2.

I can try changing the list to a small font and see if that makes a difference but I thought I'd keep two lists; I'll divide the alphabet and make one list go from Books being processed by bookshare (including both books Carrie lets us know about and books sent to bookshare for processing to (I haven't decided what yet; I'll see what seems to be half, Or I can put the books being process by bookshare and books sent to bookshare for processing at the beginning of the "B section or at the beginning of part 2, or at the bottom of part 1?

 Your opinions would be apprediatedould be appreciated

Cindy

Wish List (i.e., books wanted added to the collection) and books-being-scanned list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/Books+Being+Scanned+List