[bksvol-discuss] books rated less than excellent

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 17:20:15 -0400

If a book is submitted in kes format and if a possible validator sees it has a less than excellent rating, this means a lot of work. I know that sometimes books get less than excellent ratings because of dialect or lots of unusual words. The fact remains, the submit is done in a format only some of us can work and a validator is asked to make fifty cents to correct a submit. The correcting often takes longer than would a re-scan. This kind of thing leads to such books lingering on step 1.

By the way, Sowing the Wind is already on bookshare submitted by Dr. Cross. I therefore rejected the kes copy which has been on step 1 for so long.

E.