[bksvol-discuss] books for juveniles

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 14:48:05 -0700

I suppose I should sign up for the other email list because sometimes, like
now, my note is as much or more for members as for volunteers;  if someone
will let me  know where to go to do that I will.  I don't have to read or
respond to posts if I don't want to smile

Thanks to having an almost-8-year-old granddaughter (and younger
grand-kids)  I'm learning about some books those of you who have young
children or grandchildren might like to get for them:  some are good for
any gender and ages 3 - 10 (my eldest is 8) "The Fantastig Flying Books of
Mr. Morris Lessmsore" is particularly apapropriate for those of us who love
books and would rather read than use "aps"  I understand it's also an
academy-award-winning animated film short.)  The Castle Glower is  a
fantasy series by Elizabeth Day George; and  "The Goddess Girls" is a
series about young greek godesses iand gods) who atend anacademy and learn
to develop0 their skills; although my granddaughter has read more adult
books of theGreek mths and heroes (now I'm going to send, her, I think, a
book of Egyptian and/or Scandinavian)  myths she loved this;  also, there
is apparently, a detective series (I remember when Harriet the Spy was
introduced many years ago as one of the first books for children about a
"realistic person) the Nancy Clancy series (perhaps she's a yaounger nancy
Drew?)
 Cindy
   <http://www.barnesandnoble.com/sample/read/9781442457027>
  [image: The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore]
  [image: The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore]
 More
<http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-fantastic-flying-books-of-mr-morris-lessmore-william-joyce/1107331314?ean=9781442457027#>

   - [image: Best Books of 2012] Best Books of 2012

<http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s?PRO=1351&store=book&view=grid&sort=SA&size=90>

 The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore