[bksvol-discuss] Re: books being scanned list--question

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 19:10:01 -0700 (PDT)

No. I copy my list, delete what's in the message space and paste the new list
there. I only put the bksvol-discus address in the address space and
books-being-scanned-list in the subject space.

If someone sends me a wish list request offlist I forward that letter to the
volunteer list.

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List:

Date: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 6:35
        AM

        Hi Kim.
        As chairperson of the vat, I can assure you
        that bookshare, especially Pavi, is aware of this problem and it is
        receiving the highest possible priority. Pavi and I have a weekly
        telephone conversation that lasts about an hour in length. For the last
        three or four weeks the problem of bolunteers and outsourcers scanning
        each others books is the first topic we discuss, and will continue to
be
        so.

        Unfortunately, saying that this is a high
        priority item doesn't solve the problem. We have tried posting the list
        of books being scanned by outsourcers as excel spreadsheets, and it
        crashed most of our computers. (Not a good solution.) We think we have
        worked out a solution, and the problem is now how to get the list
        updated in a timely manner.

        Pavi is on vacation until August 31, but
        after that we'll continue working towards a meaningful
        solution.

        Please hang in there until then. I really
        believe we are close to a solution.

        Thanks,
        Bob

        “We know the future will outlast all of us, but I believe that all
        of us will live on in the future we make,”
Senator Edward M. Kenedy

          ----- Original
          Message -----