[bksvol-discuss] Re: book won't open to edit

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 17:27:34 -0400

If you can't contact the person who scanned Disability Rights and Wrongs, then I suggest that you reject the book. It's not in a format you can work with.

I've downloaded a couple of books to validate which weren't RTF as labeled. I contacted the scanners who corrected the format and resubmitted them and then both books were a breeze to validate. If you can't contact the scanner. your only option is to reject.

Rejecting this kind of book is a good service to Bookshare and its volunteers. If you just release the book back to step one, another validator will have the same disappointing, time wasting experience as yours. By rejecting the book, you are saving volunteer time, and the person who submitted the book will be informed there was a problem and have the opportunity to correct it.

Always with love,

Lissi

----- Original Message ----- From: <ldspeaker17@xxxxxxxxx>