[bksvol-discuss] Re: bold and mdash characters

  • From: "Martha Rafter" <mlhr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 09:08:05 -0400

Yup, Lisa, you can!
Marty

-----Original Message----- From: Lisa Cushman
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2014 3:10 AM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: bold and mdash characters

I have no idea what I did, but somehow, my mdashes were turned into dashes. So I can replace them by typing in two dashes?

Thank you,
Lisa

Lisa Cushman, CRC, LMFT

On May 22, 2014, at 10:14 PM, <ghobbs1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,
Word will autocorrect two dashes to an em dash if the box is checked. The special symbol and insert will also work. However, as I understand it, the Bookshare converter changes em-dashes to two dashes. So, I'm leaving em dashes and two dashes alone when I'm proofing as dashes will end up as two dashes after conversion.

Liz Hobbs

---- Cindy Rosenthal <grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In word you can go to "Special and insert an em dash, but you don't have to
-- you can just use 2 dashes which, if Iunderstand correctly, converts to
an em dash ( or is it the other way around? any way, that's what I've been doing; glad to know I don't have to any more but can just leave the em dash
alone
cindy

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 8:39 PM, Lisa Cushman <crysania@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have a couple more questions.

One, how do I create the mdash character in Microsoft word?  And for any
of you notetaker users, can I create it on a notetaker by typing two
dashes?