[bksvol-discuss] beer, paul gallico and emma's secret

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Vol Group <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 08:17:27 -0700 (PDT)

Now available on Bookshare are:
A Pocket Guide to Beer (from 1982 but still worth a look for beer drinkers)
2 books by Paul Gallico: Mrs. 'Arris Goes to Paris and Thomasina
Emma's Secret, the 4th in the series by Barbara Taylor Bradford

[The beer book used red ink for all their ratings and headings, which the OCR
program ignored completely in the tif file. So we rescanned the book into 1 jpg
file for each page instead of the usual 1 tif file for the whole book.  The OCR
program could see the red ink in the jpg files which allowed me to validate the
book without too much trouble.]

Carrie

http://mail.yahoo.com