[bksvol-discuss] author quirks

  • From: Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Volunteers <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 09:01:31 -0700 (PDT)

When I finished reading The Justice by Angela Hunt I checked Bookshare to see
if it was in the collection. If not I was going to scan it before I took it
back to the library.

  I searched for Angela Hunt and came up with a list of her books, but not The
Justice. But then I remembered Monica said she'd read the book and I thought
surely if Monica had read it and it wasn't in the collection, she would have
scanned it. So I did a search for Justice and came up with lots and lots of
books, and sure enough, one was by Angela Hunt. But it was listed as Angela
Elwell Hunt. My book only said by Angela Hunt. So apparently you have to know
the exact author name if you're going to search by author.

Jamie in Michigan
Currently reading: Mistletoe Murder - Leslie Meier
Find great deals on books at Half.com.