[bksvol-discuss] Re: atonement

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 20:25:34 -0600

Hi Jill,

There is more specific information on the website, particularly the Proof of
Disability info page, but here's a short description from the US Member
Agreement.

1.4. Who is Eligible to Use Our Web Site? The exemption provided by 17 U.S.C.
Sec. 121 permits persons who meet the following Eligibility Criteria to use our
Service and the Content:

  1.4.1. Blind persons whose visual acuity, as determined by Competent
Authority, is 20/200 or less in the better eye with correcting glasses, or
whose widest diameter of visual field subtends an angular distance no greater
than 20 degrees;
  1.4.2. Persons whose visual disability, with correction and regardless of
optical measurement, is certified by Competent Authority as preventing the
reading of standard printed material;
  1.4.3. Persons certified by Competent Authority as unable to read or unable
to use standard printed material as a result of physical limitations; and,
  1.4.4. Persons certified by Competent Authority as having a reading
disability resulting from organic dysfunction and of sufficient severity to
prevent their reading printed material in a normal manner.

Sincerely,
Jake

Jake Brownell
jakeb@xxxxxxxxxxxx